- The term CodeMeter stands for an innovative license and digital rights management system using current
encryption technology. Please read the general introduction
for a detailed description.
- The CmStick is the hardware of the CodeMeter system. There is a chip built in that holds the licenses
of the CodeMeter System. This chip contains several encryption algorithms which ensure a secure online
shopping and a secure protection of the software.
The CmStick has, in contrast to the CmStick/M, no flash memory. Therefore you can store licenses and data
only using the built-in interface.
Even if the CmStick appears as drive on your system, you can not store data on it.
- The CmStick/M contains additionally to the CodeMeter functionality some flash memory.
So you can store data on it like a normal USB memory stick, of course with additional CodeMeter functionality.
- CmStick Password
- The CmStick Password is your individual password which is needed to authorize writing operations, enabling or
disabling. You can change this password at any time. An exhaustive description about CodeMeter and the passwords
can be found here.
- CmStick Master-Password
- The Master-Password is needed to reset the CmStick Password, e.g. when you have forgotten the CmStick Password.
The Master-Password is a sequence of eleven groups each with five characters.
An exhaustive description about CodeMeter
and the passwords can be found here.
- CodeMeter Control Center
- The CodeMeter Control Center is the interface between the user and the CodeMeter Runtime Server.
It allows you to configure the attached CmSticks, e.g. change password or update the firmware.
The CodeMeter Control Center has to be started if an application like CM Password Manager requests the
input of the CodeMeter Password.
On Windows the CodeMeter Control Center is started automatically when the user logs on.
It can be found in the tray icon next to the clock.
- CodeMeter Runtime Server
- The CodeMeter Runtime Server coordinates all operations inbetween software and the hardware.
If you want to use the CodeMeter functionality of a CmStick, a running CodeMeter Runtime Server is needed.
The CodeMeter Runtime Server is installed as a service or daemon by the installation program is always running.
The CodeMeter Runtime Server can be restarted using the service manager or the CodeMeter Control Center.
- The CodeMeter Web Administrator (WebAdmin) allows you an easy view on the CodeMeter system.
Additionally you have a lot configuration possibilities.
The WebAdmin is implemented as webserver and is available, when the CodeMeter Runtime Server is running.
By default the WebAdmin can also be reached from other computers.
- CodeMeter Timeservers are allocated all over the world and provide a certified time. Therefore the
CodeMeter system has the possibility to receive a certified time and to use it.